Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Welcome to my Regional Economics Blog!

Welcome!

I've been wanting to do this for some time now.  In case you don't know me, hi!  I'm Warren Jensen.  I'm a project manager and regional economist for the Center for Economic Development at California State University, Chico.  For the past 12 years, I've managed projects involving community data research and analysis, including regional economic, demographic, and social statistical profiles, economic impact analysis, retail gap analysis, community indicators, and regional economic clusters.  Learn more at http://www.cedcal.com/.

In short, I'm a data geek!

So what?  Well, in my years on studying and analyzing community data, I've come to realize a few things.  First, there is no perfect data.  Let's face it, data is collected and disseminated by human beings, each with their own bias, preconceived notions, and sometimes, people just have an ax to grind.  Over the years, I've learned how to separate the fact from the fantasy so I can give you, the public, an unbiased, non-judgemental, ax-free perspective on your community!  Wouldn't that be nice for a change?

I'll try and post every week, but more realistically, I'll post when I can or when I come across a particularly interesting (or exceptionally egregious!) data or analysis.  I'll post when I have an update on my facebook account, so friend me at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1670502706, or on our CED Website, so check back often!

I'll try to keep these short.  If you're as busy as I am, you don't have time to read a thesis every week.

For my next post, I'll provide my insight and perspectives on the topics discussed at CED's 12th Annual Economic Forecast Conference, which is tomorrow.

Thanks for reading, everyone, and stay tuned for some data fun - I promise!

- Warren.

No comments:

Post a Comment